- Monday thru Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Closed 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday
- Closed weekends and all National Holiday’s
- Closed last Wednesday of each month: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- TENTATIVE: All S&L Property Management and Association Management office’s will be closing Friday, April 19th at 4:30 p.m.
- Owners & Tenants: Make sure all of your contact information is up to date with our offices. If you have changed jobs, phone numbers, emails, etc., it is VERY important that you contact our offices and update your information.⊕
- Owners: When is the last time you checked up on and reviewed your homeowners insurance policy (not home warranty) on your rental property? Insurance companies can change coverage policies and make sure your coverage is complete and up to date. In response to the unprecedented amount of destructive wild fires in California this year, may insurance carriers dropped or severely limited fire insurance policies. Make sure that S&L Property Management is listed as an additional insurer.⊗
- Tenants: The staff at S&L Property Management understands that day to day life is stressful and can sometimes overwhelm a person. However, whatever the circumstances regarding your stress or frustrations, S&L Property Management has a zero tolerance policy about abusive, threatening or harassing treatment of any staff member. Any direct threats, continuous abuse or harassment of a staff member may result in legal action against you up to and including eviction. In some cases, a criminal report and/or charges will filed against you with the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Tenants: If you have submitted a 30-day notice to vacate and your homeowner is re-renting the property, you are legally obligated to grant reasonable access to the property for the purposes of showing the property to prospective applicants. S&L staff will work around your schedules within reason. However, Fair Housing Laws and Civil Code do allow us access to show the property with a minimum of a 24-hour notice. Tenants that deny reasonable requests for access will be served a 24-hour notice to entry the property.
Frequently Asked Questions: ” My sister came to visit and brought her dog along. Although my lease says no pets, they stayed for only a week and my landlord found out about it. Now, she is going to charge me for pest control and any apparent damage left by the pet. How can she do that if the dog was only here for a few days?”
Unfortunately for you, your owner is well within her rights to charge these fee’s to you at the time of move-out as long as they are reasonable. What many tenants continue to not understand, NO PETS MEANS NO PETS, PERIOD! The length of the animals stay is irrelevant. Only pets that have been authorized and approved by your owner are permitted at the home. Pets belonging to visiting guests, friends, or family are not permitted for any length of time.
Frequently Asked Questions: ” I just recently purchased my first investment property. If I hire a property management company, are all my expenses tax deductible? ”
S&L cannot provide tax or legal advice. With that understanding, other owners and financial professionals indicated that most of your property management related costs and expenses are generally deductible. However, be cautious. Laws and circumstance can change so please contact a qualified tax adviser for more details and information on tax deductions.
Office: (951) 698-4030 Fax: (951) 698-4469